The 68,000 Remember campaign is a special one. In fact, it’s very near and dear to our hearts. We’ve worked with the group sponsoring this campaign for many years and wanted to spread the word about all the good they have done thus far. We also wanted to help them recognize and support the 68,000 American troops still serving in Afghanistan.
Spirit of America is building a Wall of Support where it will feature 68,000 photos, one for each service member. According to the group’s website, here are a few ideas for submitting a photo of your own:
- “68,000 Remember” written on a piece of paper or the back of a business card
- “68,000 Remember” written next to a photo of a loved one who is serving
- A blackboard or whiteboard with “68,000 Remember”
- “68,000 Remember” written in the sand or snow
- A cake with “68,000 Remember” spelled out in icing
- Coworkers or a group of students each holding a letter/number of “68,000 Remember”
- A child’s crayon drawing
You can submit your photo to email@example.com. If your photo is selected as the Photo of the Day, you’ll get a 68,000 Remember t-shirt and lapel pins. You’ll also be recognized on the group’s website and Facebook pages. Now, how cool is that?
To learn more about Spirit of America and their 68,000 Remember campaign, visit http://www.spiritofamerica.net. You can purchase items from them knowing that 100% of the proceeds go to supporting the troops stationed in Afghanistan.