Mayors and other city officials are looking for new ways to honor their citizens and employees. Awarding custom challenge coins to exemplary individuals is one of the ways that they do just that. These tokens of appreciation serve as a key to the city which is one of the highest honors a person can receive.
A longstanding tradition among military units, awarding custom challenge coins to exceptional people is a practice that cities of all sizes have taken on. These unique gift items are created in a way that is memorable for the recipient. For example, if the award has a specific name, that information may be included on one of the sides of the design. Location and dates may also be incorporated in the artwork. This helps make the challenge coins memorable and collectible.
Here are just a few of the ways that cities can make their challenge coins stand out:
- Custom Edges. Choose from Flat Edge, Rope Edge, Spur Edge, Oblique Line Edge, Flat Weave/Bevel Edge, and Cross Cut Edge.
- Antique Plating. Choose from Antique Gold, Antique Silver or Antique Copper.
- 3D Images. Make your designs appear to be more realistic by giving them depth and dimension.
- Dual Plating. Why settle for just silver or gold when you can have both on one coin?
- Cut Outs. Highlight different areas of your coins by removing metal.
- Sequential Numbering. Make your coins limited edition by including numbers on them.
Custom appreciation challenge coins are making their mark in cities around the nation. Officials looking for a way to reward heroic or notable efforts have found that these promotional items make successful awards. Rich in style and appeal, they can be displayed in a home or office and even carried in a pocket or bag if the recipient wishes to show them to others that way.