The Reserve Officers’ Training Corp (ROTC) is college based and predominantly recognized in the United States. It serves as an elective course that focuses on leadership development, problem solving, strategic planning, and professional ethics. All branches of US Armed Forces have produced officers through this program with the exception of the Coast Guard. Those individuals that complete their training and graduate from the program are rewarded with custom ROTC challenge coins which are created in their honor.
As of 2004, “ROTC graduates constitute 56 percent of U.S. Army, 11 percent of U.S. Marine Corps, 20 percent of U.S. Navy, and 41 percent of U.S. Air Force officers, for a combined 39 percent of all active duty officers in the Department of Defense.” The commitment of young men and women nationwide and on college campuses across the country can be reflected in these numbers.
Why Choose Custom Challenge Coins?
Custom challenge coins make the perfect keepsake for members of the military. Due to their historical ties and personal nature, many young men and women hold onto their ROTC memorabilia for years. High in perceived value because they are rich in sentiment, few gifts compare to a well-crafted challenge coin. These items can be used to reward, educate, motivate, and foster goodwill with other nations.
Available in a variety of sizes, shapes, and styles, challenge coins can be created in a way that encourages students and young soldiers to complete their training an pursue a career in the US Armed Forces. In addition to being single and double sided, these unique gifts often bear an image or photograph that is meaningful to the ROTC group. They also have text that makes it easy to identify the name of the organization, the year that the student participated, and the branch of the military that they represent. Personal mission statements and slogans add one last final touch to the challenge coin’s design.
Custom Edges and Optional Features Make Standout Coins
A few of the things that we offer in terms of optional features include:
- Custom Edges. Why not make the outer edges of your challenge coins as ornate as the rest of your design? Choose from Rope Edges, Spur Edges, and Cross Cut Edges as well as traditional Flat Edges.
- 3D Images. Make your design come to life with 3-Dimensional images.
- Dual Plating. Do you like the look of both silver and gold? Why not have your challenge coin created in both colors?
- Glow-in-the-Dark Enamel. A novel and fun way to enhance the appearance of your coin. Turn out the lights and watch how they glow.
- Sequential Numbering. Limited edition items tend to be considered rare and more collectible. Give your students and soldiers something to be really proud of by handing them a numbered challenge coin.
Custom ROTC challenge coins can be used in a variety of ways. It is up to you to see what type of impact they will make on your group. Visit our challenge coin gallery located at http://www.signaturecoins.com/coin-gallery.htm/ for inspiration.