National Cut Your Energy Costs Day is January 10th. Have you thought about how you’re going to promote the occasion? Will you host a workshop or class on energy conservation? Will you make it the theme of your activities that day? If you’ve answered, “Yes,” we can help you with the gift portion of your event.
People take notice of custom challenge coins which is great news for you. If you want to start a conversation about energy conservation, do it in a way that resonates with your community and its citizens. People will talk about and share your coins with others.
Energy.gov is a great place to send people wanting to know more about lowering their energy costs. Here are some of the tips provided by the website that you might want to include on the custom coins you create:
- Install a programmable thermostat to lower utility bills and manage your heating and cooling systems efficiently.
- Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher’s drying cycle.
- Turn things off when you are not in the room such as lights, TVs, entertainment systems, and your computer and monitor.
- Plug home electronics, such as TVs and DVD players, into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment is not in use — TVs and DVDs in standby mode still use several watts of power.
- Lower the thermostat on your water heater to 120°F.
- Take short showers instead of baths and use low-flow showerheads for additional energy savings.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
- Air dry clothes.
- Check to see that windows and doors are closed when heating or cooling your home.
- Drive sensibly; aggressive driving such as speeding, and rapid acceleration and braking, wastes fuel.
- Look for the ENERGY STAR® label on light bulbs, home appliances, electronics, and other products. ENERGY STAR products meet strict efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.
Use custom challenge coins to promote energy conservation. Educate the public on ways to reduce energy costs through your outreach program. Contact Signature Coins with your request for a no obligation, free price quote. We’ll send it and a digital file attachment of custom artwork to the email address we have on file for you.
Email your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d prefer to speak to us by phone, please call 1-800-953-3607 toll-free. We can’t wait to hear from you and get started on your National Cut Your Energy Costs Day coins.